As every year, the grand wine tasting “TOP 10 Grés de Montpellier” is a highlight for the appellation. It brings together a jury of wine professionals who blind taste nearly 50 wines and select their favorites among the vintage for sale.
The standard-bearers of the appellation.
The ten distinguished wines will be, for one year, the standard-bearers of the appellation. The jury chose the following jewels:
- Grés de Montpellier 2018, Château l’Argentier, Sommières
- Seignorie 2018, Château Claud Bellevue, Saint-Jean-de-Védas
- Ô de Novi 2018, Mas du Novi, Montagnac
- La Capitelle 2018, Domaine de la Triballe, Guzargues
- Mas de Lunès 2018, Vignobles Jeanjean, Aumelas
- Léma 2018, Domaine de Roquemale, Villeveyrac
- Les Hauts de Laborie 2018, Mas de Janiny, Saint-Bauzille-de-la-Sylve
- Odon 2019, Mas de Bayle, Villeveyrac
- Elégante 2018, Château Haut-Blanville, Saint-Pargoire
- Folia 2019, Château de Flaugergues, Montpellier
This annual Grand Wine Tasting offers sommeliers, wine merchants, caterers , journalists and winemakers a true panoramic image of the appellation and allows them to compare, by jury, their perception of the identity of a Grés de Montpellier.
This year, all the wines tasted were characterized by “digestible wines with fine, round, silky and elegant tannins. A balance on the freshness and a real maritime influence was perceived, which brings a beautiful thirst-quenching salinity”.